- Crowland Caravans and Camping is serious about protecting your online privacy.
- This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site www.crowlandcaravansandcamping.co.uk, including any information you may provide through our site when you make an enquiry, purchase a service, or sign up to our newsletter.
- All data subjects whose personal data is Crowland Caravans and Camping collected, in line with the requirements of the GDPR.
2.1 The Data Protection Officer is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to Crowland Caravans and Camping collecting/processing their personal data.
2.2 All Employees of Crowland Caravans and Camping who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
- Privacy notice
3.1 Who are we?
- This site is operated by Ruthkay Ltd trading as Crowland Caravans and Camping (we, us or our). We are a limited company registered in England and Wales whose registered office is North Street Crowland PE6 0EF is the company who collects the personal data from www.crowlandcaravansandcamping.co.uk
Registration Number 996967 • VAT Registration Number: 121 1708 20
- Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted directly here:
- Matthew Alcock
We do NOT store customer credit card details.
The personal data we would like to collect / process is:
- Personal data type:
Source (where Crowland Caravans and Camping obtained the personal data from if it has not been collected directly from you, the data subject. Note if the personal data has been accessed from publicly accessible sources):
• Contact Name:
We will use this to service your enquiry and to ensure we are speaking to the correct person when we make contact.
• Contact Number:
We will use this to service your enquiry, we will call you so we can discuss your enquiry with yourself.
• Contact Email:
We will use this to service your enquiry, we will email details of the product you have enquired about.
• Product Interested In:
We will use this to service your enquiry, we will use this so the relevant person can deal with your enquiry ensuring you receive the best level of service
• Time Stamp & Date Stamp Of Enquiry:
We will use this to service your order and for compliance to ensure we can provide proof of enquiry made.
• IP Address Enquiry Made On:
We will use this for compliance to ensure we can provide proof of enquiry made.
• If You Want To Be Contacted In The Future And How :
We will use the information to contact you in the future and only contact you by the methods you chose.
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
We will use your data to help us service your enquiry.
- We will use your data to help us manage any service you take out with us.
• If you opted in for marketing in the future in regards to new products we offer we will only contact you on your preferred method with details of new products or news from Crowland Caravans and Camping such as a newsletter.
Our legal basis for processing for the personal data:
If you decided to enter into a business agreement with Crowland Caravans and Camping under the contract we will need to process your details to service your order.
The special categories of personal data concerned are:
We do not process any special categories. We have included a list of what these categories are for your records under GDPR.
- Ethnic origin
• Political opinions
• Religious beliefs
• Philosophical beliefs
• Trade union membership
• Genetic data
• Biometric data
• Health data
• Data concerning a natural person’s sex life
• Sexual orientation
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for Crowland Caravans and Camping to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used. You may withdraw consent at any time
Crowland Caravans and Camping will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first getting your explicit consent.
3.4 Retention period.
Crowland Caravans and Camping will process personal data for the length of any agreement we have in place to manage a service we provide, if we can’t or you choose not to take out a service we provide you with we will destroy your details unless you have opted in for further contact in regards to new products or news from Crowland Caravans and Camping we will always provide you with the opportunity to opt out on all future correspondence. We have come to agreement on the decision on this time period due to we believe this is how long we need the data to service the client’s needs and in regards to how long we hold data where client opted in for further contact we will retain this until the client chooses to opt out as they will be given the option to do on all correspondence we also make contact every 12 months with the client asking them to re opt in if they do not respond or say no we will destroy their details.
3.5 Your rights as a data subject.
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
• Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
• Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
• Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
• Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
• Right to judicial review: in the event that Crowland Caravans and Camping refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 3.4 above) in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Crowland Caravans and Camping (or third parties as described in 3.4 above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Crowland Caravans and Camping data protection representatives Data Protection Officer.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Data Protection Officer
Information Commission officer (ICO)
Wycliffe House, Water Ln, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
0303 123 1113
Online privacy statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Crowland Caravans and Camping How we use your information.
This privacy notice tells you how we, Crowland Caravans and Camping, will collect and use your personal data as follows
Visitors to our websites
When visitors arrive on www.crowlandcaravansandcamping.co.ukwe use a third part service, which is Google analytics, we use this to collect from you basic internet log information and information on your behaviour patterns while you’re on the site. This information lets us know how many visitors come to the site and what pages they are looking at and the amount of time they spend on certain pages. The information collected cannot identify anyone and we ensure ourselves and Google do not use this information to identify an individual of someone who has or is visiting our site. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
• Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of the e-billing services.
• Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily.
• Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
• Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below.
First-party (Crowland Caravans and Camping) cookies
This website will set some cookies that are essential for the website to operate correctly. These cookies, none of which capture personally identifiable information, are as follows:
• Visitor ID – this cookie is a numeric value that identifies unique visitors and provides coherence and consistency to a site visit;
• Page Number – this cookie identifies the page you are on;
• Session ID – this cookie identifies your website session;
• Test – this cookie checks whether or not your browser supports cookies;
• Order – this cookie ensures that your shopping basket works correctly.
Our websites will set several types of third-party cookie, and we do not control the operation of any of them. The third-party cookies which may be set include:
Google Remarketing – we use Google’s Remarketing cookie to market products and services we think may be of interest to you. You may see our adverts on Google’s Display Advertising Network of partner websites and Google’s own search results pages. We aim to carefully select the products and services we remarket to you, and do so based on the pages you have visited on our website. To opt out of Google Remarketing, set your Google Ad Settings.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
We will send out a newsletter to people who have explicitly expressed they want to be contacted with a newsletter and selected email as their preference for receiving this by selecting the relevant box on our enquiry form.
Security and performance.
We use a third party programme “wordfence” to protect our website from malicious malware and attacks which mean it will check your IP address on arrival.
People who contact us via social media.
We will contact you back on the platform you contacted us and we would always request explicit consent if you wanted us to send an email or contact you via phone.
Inbound Calls To Our Office Number.
We will collect your calling line identification (CLI) along with the agent you speak to may create a file where we will collect personal information but you will be made fully aware by the agent of this happening and only with your consent will this be captured, this will only be collected to help with your enquiry.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use the information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services you request from us, to notify you about changes to or to make suggestions and recommendations that may interest you about our range of products or services, or to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
To administer our site and for internal operations including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so;
as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Why does Crowland Caravans and Camping need to collect and store personal data? In order for us to provide you with a service, the services we provide are as follows.
Pay Per Click Management
- Search Engine Optimization
• Website Design/Shopping Carts
• Social Media Management
We need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes and servicing the client’s enquiry and to ensure we can provide any services that the client requested. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Crowland Caravans and Camping would contact you for additional consent.
Will Crowland Caravans and Camping share my personal data with anyone else?
We will only pass your personal data on to third-party service if you provide us with explicit consent. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide to you we will have no affiliation to the service they provide but may receive a commission for the introduction. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Crowland Caravans and Camping’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required doing otherwise.
How will Crowland Caravans and Camping use the personal data it collects about me?
Crowland Caravans and Camping will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Crowland Caravans and Camping is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Crowland Caravans and Camping contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Crowland Caravans and Camping at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Crowland Caravans and Camping does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
• Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
• The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
• If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Crowland Caravans and Camping or a third party, information about those interests.
• The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
• Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
• If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
• How long the data will be stored.
• Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
• Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
• How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
• Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
• The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
• Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Crowland Caravans and Camping accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
Passport / driving licence & proof of address (utility bill – from last 3 months)
If you can’t provide a passport or driving licence we will accept a birth certificate with some form of photo ID & proof of address in the last 3 months.
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner:
Postland Road, Crowland. PE6 0JB
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner:
Postland Road, Crowland. PE6 0JB